Monday, September 13, 2010

Ah, So Close...

But not quite done yet.
The darkest shade on the Cave print didn't turn out. So now I have to re-aquatint the plate and etch it again. Here's hoping I don't muck it up.


I realized that my video on This is Handmade is going to become harder to find as more videos get added to the site, and I should post it here also. So here it is in all it's 5 minutes of tedious glory:



There has been some internet dramas over the message behind This is Handmade. People not getting it, being put off by the presentation, etc. For me, it was a great way to blow off steam over the people who have in the past offered me $15-20 for something I worked for days, weeks, or even months on, as though they were doing me a favor. I can make that in an hour waiting tables on a decent night. I would rather hold onto something I spent that much time and love on than to give it away for so little, because it's obvious I care more about it than they do. And who wants their art to wind up with people who don't care about it?

2 comments:

  1. That brace you're using is awesome! Where did you find it? (I don't know what they're technically called, I just picked a word that describes it. lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were close, it's called a bridge. I actually just made it out of a scrap piece of 1x2. It's hot glued together. :P

    ReplyDelete